Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Project Purple

I just got an email from my cousin Laura who will be running in the Marine Corps Marathon this coming October. She'll be running with the team Project Purple, which is a non-profit organization that works to raise awareness for pancreatic cancer.

Donations will go to the following worthy endeavors:
-A scholarship program that provide scholarships to children and grandchildren that have lost a loved one to PC or have a loved one fighting.
-A patient financial aid program which
 provides families fighting PC with financial aid to help pay the everyday bills. 
-Research for a cure, early detection test or improving the quality of life.
 

If you know me personally, you know that last August my uncle passed away from pancreatic cancer. He is survived by one of my longest and greatest mentors, my aunt Ellen, as well as my 3 young cousins (Riley 4, Caitrin and Teagan 2).

Seeing the profound effect PC has had on my family, I'm very proud that Laura will be running for this cause, and I plan to support her.

Here's a link to her page if you're interested in reading more or donating!
Project Purple: Laura's Marine Corps Marathon Page

No comments:

Post a Comment