Friday, August 2, 2013

[in transit]

Woke up pretty early since I passed out at like 8:30 the previous night.

Went for a quick walk around the area. I knew I would be sitting on a bus all day, so I wanted to get a little exercise. Breakfast was pancakes, eggs, bacon, and a potato pancake. Heavy...  I know.

The bus between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap ended up being 7 hours, but it was definitely a cool
Beautiful houses across from the rest stop.
ride. The road we used was called a "national road." So you're probably picturing a highway, right? No. Not even close. It was barely widen enough for 2 cars to pass each other. The scenery was really nice. We passed a political sign that had been covered up with some sort of flag (and I'll explain the significance of that in a later post). There were some cats... ummm... procreating while another watched. Carts towed by cows (or maybe oxen-- the bus was going to fast). And there were more rice fields than I had ever seen. Unfortunately, I had an aisle seat, so I didn't manage to get any pictures during the ride.

I arrived in Siem Reap at about 7:30pm. I'm in my hostel now-- which is a little creepy because there are so few people and its a little ways off from the lights and sound. There is one loud sound-- frogs. Let's see if I can sleep through it.

I may change to another place for the next few nights.
TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment