Sunday, January 25, 2015

Craving Crusher: My after dinner craving cure


We all experience food cravings; my big issue is the chocolate craving after dinner. If it was only a general sweet-fix, I would kill it with berries or a little juice. However, the craving is chocolate specific. I messed around with a few ways to deal with it before finding my new favorite: the banana chocolate milkshake!

What I use:
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1/3 cup milk (or almond milk)
  • 1~2 tbs hot cocoa mix

Sometimes I add in a little yogurt to make it a little more filling. If you use frozen bananas, it has a much creamier texture. All I need is a few sips, then I cap it and throw it in the fridge. One of the best things about this concoction is that it can last up to about 5 days in the fridge. I usually stretch mine over a few days, needing only 3 or 4 sips to squash the choco-craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment