Let's explore why carrots are awesome:
(1) Vision. We all know this, but did you know that they're particularly important for night vision? They have loads of Beta-carotine, which (in the liver) turns into Vitamin A, then (in the retina) turned to rhodopsin. Rhodopsin is a pigment in the purple family that is important for good night vision.
(2) Speaking of Vitamin A: it helps the liver push toxins out of the body and aids in.... let's sayyyy... keeping things regular.
(3) 1 medium carrot = Daily values: (Vitamin A = 210%) (Vitamin K = 10%) (Vitamin C = 6%). That's pretty impressive.
(4) Let's talk carotenoids. They're basically color pigments that make fruits and vegetables so bright and delicious-looking. Carotenoids (more understandably, produce with strong colors) are antioxidants.
(5) They promote healthy skin! Vitamin A is super important if you want good skin (and you should!). It helps prevent dryness and delays the onset of wrinkles. It can also help fight sun damage.
(Sources: care2.com, HowStuffWorks)