Sunday, July 14, 2013

Recipe

I'm reasonably well-known around here for pretty good fruit breads. My proudest accomplishment had been my banana breads. I took a traditional recipe and altered it fit my liking.

My Mom pointed out that I hadn't yet posted the recipe on here. How silly of me! Here is what I came up with:

What you need:- flour
- oats
- protein powder
- baking soda
- salt
- dark brown sugar
- butter
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas - fully ripened
(These proportions are for a 1/2 batch, as I only have a toaster oven and can only fit a square glass pan in the oven)

Dry
In a measuring cup, measure out just over 1/3 cup flour. Add enough oats to bring it up to the 1 cup mark (a bit over is fine). Add 1 scoop of your chosen protein powder. Pinch of salt. 1/2 tablespoon baking soda.

Wet
How I do it is this : melt 1/4 cup butter in a glass bowl. Mix in 1 egg and 2 big tablespoons of dark brown sugar into the melted butter. Add 2 bananas well mashed.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet. Grease and flour the pan. Bake at (sorry American friends) about 200 degrees celsius for about 30 mins. Add time as needed.
**I highly recommend making the smaller batch rhat I have provided. It reduces temptation to binge since there isn't a ton of bread available.
**I also recommend using a glass oven safe tupperwear pan. It makes for SUPER easy storage. Just lid it and throw it in the fridge.
** If you're using a full loaf pan, double the recipe.
** If you don't have protein powder, just use a hair more flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment