I very rarely have less than 2 flights, so my lists describe items that are good to have for trips with connections.
So what's in 'em?
(mine is a medium-sized purse)
- wallet with ID
- phone (with extra battery)
- sometimes planes and airports are cold
- hand wipes
- any OTC medicines
- lip balm
- pen (black or blue)
- if you're traveling internationally, you will probably need to fill out an arrival card and customs form-- which will need to be done in black or blue
- a little powder concealer
- again, if you're travelling internationally, you may need to pass through a quarantine checkpoint... I've never been stopped, but I'm always really aware of how crappy, pale, and greasy I look after flying for a long time
NOTE: I don't keep my passport in a bag. I keep it on my person or in my hand. I keep my boarding pass in the passport.
(mine is usually a medium-sized, every-day style backpack)
- Laptop or tablet
- chargers for all electronics
- I HIGHLY recommend purchasing a wall charger with a detachable USB cord. I'm able to charge my phone, iPod, and camera with 1 wall unit so I just need to pack the small USB connector cords.
- converter plugs
- a tightly-packed change of clothes
- (2) zipper bags with toiletries
- 1 with face wash, moisturizer, toothbrush, and toothpaste
- 1 with a face cloth (alone in its bag so when you use it, it wont get the other supplies wet!)
- small snacks
- anything breakable
- anything you'll want/need during a layover (ie; magazine, book, nail polish, etc...)
What to wear.