Monday, January 30, 2012

Back to Patong

I'm now by myself in a hostel on Patong Beach in Phuket. Josh and friends all had to go back to Korea, so I'm "enjoying" the last bit of my trip here-- solo.

I'm aaaaages older than a lot of the people in this hostel. There are a few people who are distinctly older than me, but the rest are like on their gap year or on their uni break or something like that.

I just want to chill, and some of these kids look at me like I'm nuts when I say I'm not going out. I do, however, have the muscle relaxer to fall back on. Can't drink on those!

May try to book a day trip for tomorrow so I'll have something to do. Looking to get a pedi, too... but may wait until the last day to do that.

ALSO! There are a ton of things here that are wayyyy cheaper than in Korea or USA. Like certain otc medicines are way cheaper and some rx'd meds can be purchased without an rx. AND toothpaste here has fluoride in it! I've been looking around to see if I can find other things that I can bring back to Korea with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment