Monday, April 15, 2013

Inspiration and exercise.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I really enjoy watching SarahFit's Youtube channel Sarah's Fab Channel. I'm a little frustrated because a lot of the products and recipes look like things I'd really be interested in trying, but because I'm in Korea some of the ingredients are extremely difficult to come by.

I hit the gym and gave the Couch to 5k app a spin. LOVE it! I've never been a good runner, and a good portion of my extended family are runners (excellent runners, actually). Its really bugs me that I'm generally athletic, but never really been able to pick up running. Every year they all do a variety of races and I feel really bummed when I can't join in. I was particularly... jealous? inspired? I'm not really sure what the right word is. But I saw a picture of my family all wearing supportive tshirts for my uncle. I know I'm not in America so there's no way I could have participated... but I feel a little guilty and stressed that even if I was there I wouldn't have been able to run.

So the goal of the next few weeks is to change that. I think the problems I have encountered in the past have come from trying to throw myself into it too quickly. I am definitely going to have a hard time being patient and not skipping ahead in the program to get results sooner.

I have a healthier relationship with food now, so maybe the whole situation will produce a more fit Katie?

No comments:

Post a Comment