Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Delicious!

In other news, I've been making a TON of smoothies. I usually just have one for breakfast, and if not I have a mini-smoothie with something else. Here are a few of my new favorite meals.

Just as a disclaimer, a lot of the meals include Jay Robb Protein Powder. The package says its he most delicious protein available... and that is seriously NO LIE. It tastes like cake mix.




BREAKFASTS:

Mango-Cuke Smoothie
1c frozen diced mango
1/2c cucumber slices
1/2 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla Whey Protein
1 Yoplait Plain Yogurt (if non-sweetened yogurts were available here, I would use those instead)
enough water to make it mix well in the blender

Mango-cado Smoothie
1c fozen diced mango
1/4 - 1/2 and avocado (to taste)
1 small banana
1/2 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla
enough water to make it mix well in the blender

Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
1c or 4 large frozen strawberries
1 Yoplait Plain Yogurt
1/2 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla
[I usually add in spinach to my strawberry smoothies-- blend the spinach with water FIRST, then yogurt, then strawberries]

PB Banana Oatmeal
1/2c uncooked Oats
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 small banana
1/2 scoop Jay Robb Vanilla
1/4c ~ 1/2c milk
[cook the oatmeal, and then immediately add pb and mix well. Mash in the banana - I usually find it easier to mash it in the bowl and then mix in the oatmeal. Add protein and milk to taste]


LUNCH / DINNER
Chicken Tortilla Soup
[ALL ingredients can be tweaked depending on what you like]
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/2 onion
1/2-1 whole tomato
1 chicken bullion cube
1c water
1/2 c corn
1/2 c kidney or black beans
Sarah Fit's Salsa Chicken
[cook down the peppers and onions however method you choose... I use a little extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Add tomatoes last minute. Once cool, pour into a blender and blend until its as smooth as you want it-- I like it a little chunkyish. Boil chicken bullion cube in 1c water, add the blended veg mixture. Add beans and corn. Last minute add about 1/2c ~ 3/4c of the pulled chicken.

OTHERS:

Things I've discovered:
-Laughing Cow Belcube cheeses
-Honey instead of sugar in coffee
-Staying under 25ish grams of added sugar daily
-I feel fuller longer if I eat soup or a smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment