Friday, October 3, 2014

Job hunt

Looking for a job is really difficult. I should actually be doing it right now, but instead I have decided to lament.

They say you have to have a job to get a job. That explains why it took me forever to find the hostel job I have now. Just a quick rundown of what my job situation is:

Working 55~65 hours each week.
Making a combined $425 per week.
One position offers me lodging, which means I live where I work.
The other position offers me food, but I'm faced with pastrytemptation whenever I'm there. Helloooo tummy troubles!

With these seasonal positions wrapping up really soon, I'm getting worried about my next step. As usual, I'm having a hard time zeroing in on one thing I want to do or a place I want to be. I'm in a really weird situation where I had a wide variety of skills, and I believe that I'm highly trainable... but I don't have a lot of certifications or specific technical know-how.

No comments:

Post a Comment